Barry-Magistrates-Court-1024-850x650

The site was originally occupied by Barry Magistrates Court and has been redeveloped for the construction of new commercial and residential houses and flats.

Acting as Civil & Structural Engineers the construction comprises of piled timber frame houses, timber frame apartments built off traditional concrete spread foundations and a larger two storey reinforced concrete frame for the commercial tenants with three storeys of timber frame apartments on top. Surface water drainage had to be attenuated to a 30 year storm event and connected to the nearest off site surface water sewer.